Time is Precious

'Time is too precious' for only those who have experienced the value of the time. But, here I wanted to let others know how the time had been lost while we were luxuriously spending it on the irrelevant stuff.

This post intends to capture where the time is being lost but also being aware of your own worth.

Time is precious, so is the watch.


Get rid of the Idiot Box 

If I was asked how do I get time to do this, my first answer will be 'I don't watch television'.

In India, watching television becomes passion than for entertainment.

It usually baffles me if the telecasted news is true or political, so I ended up watching only highlights. As I couldn't rely on much, I don't watch news completely on television.

There are reality shows too but I don't get any fame from watching it ;-) In contrast, actors get paid which is beneficial for them to run their life. But who will return my 'lost couch potato time' sitting idle before the box?  No one.

I admit I do watch comedy shows on television and laugh which is ideally good for my health.

Hence, I'm not a television watching person which saves most of my time, but I'm a laptop person. LOL.  I'm such a prudent because I do expect something in return. Though every invention has its own good and bad, I used it just for entertainment, but entertainment is not a life.

My total time before the television is less than 1 hour a week.

Get rid of Cinemas and Web series

As my time is precious, I carefully choose the movies I'm gonna watch. Mostly, I choose motivational,  certain types which stray away from the mainstream, and Hollywood animation movies. 

I don't watch Web series regularly. If I pick one, I'll finish it by 2 months and stay away from more series for the next four months. If I'm down, I'll pick randomly an episode from 'Friends' which will never fail to get a laugh out of me. 

It seems the films become a life instead of entertainment especially in our country, but there is nothing wrong being a movie buff if your livelihood is dependant on it. 

Cinemas and web series consume approximately 10 hours to 20 hours per month, but there are months I don't watch any cinema or web series at all.  

Facts about the Indian film industry from Wikipedia

Fortunately, we are the world's largest film producers in the world, and it is mainly viewed by a vast film-going Indian public and gaining popularity in the countries with a large number of expatriate Indians. I feel the time is lost here.

Few Indian films collected popularity in international markets with Dangal, Secret Superstar, Baahubhali, and etc., which is commendable and must-watch movies.

I personally feel Aamir Khan movies give good insight, and It was used to be sensational as it revealed the reality and also became sensitive due to the political powers.

If you avoid the above two methods, believe me, much of your time will be saved.

Get rid of Social Media Addiction

If I want to be unperturbed and not distracted, I just have to focus on my life but not the others.

These are two things I do majorly
  • I don't scroll down on Instagram and Facebook, and I don't see stories and status mostly. 
  • I don't add more accounts/pages/groups as well because I don't want my feed to be spammed. So, I regularly declutter. 
You can ask me at this time why the hell I use then. I will focus on my business 'Crafters Galaxy' and read posts of readers & writers.

If you use social media for watching/reading various international news, talk shows, interviews by great achievers (I really love sports persons), and discussion channels, it is indeed good and informative, so please continue the same.

Beware, we are consumed by watching others, and when this gets stopped, we can achieve more.

Get rid of Texting Apps 

I honestly prefer calling someone instead of texting. These text messages should be just for grabbing attention for some support, seeking someone's availability, and availing video or voice call services. Entire life shouldn't be on the texting app as our life ought to be more beautiful in real than virtual.

But, the fact is I do stay online to talk with my friends most of the times when we couldn't meet or talk in a call.

Group messages will take a hell lot of time, but I really felt good, positive, and tranquil exiting from most of the groups. Please don't convict that I'm a robot. I'm a person who always would like to have a soul to soul conversation than being just socially interactive in virtual groups.

What is the point of virtually being connected but not in a real-life?

Needless to say, banning the TikTok app have currently saved some good time. Thank God, the TikTok founder Zhang Timing wouldn't be able to get a chance again to say 'these varieties of individuals' now.

Be remembered

Once you start implementing these four methods analyzing and reducing the time spent on these, you will have plenty of time. I do cheat on the above-said things If I feel like doing it but just for some time. I will come up with another post for the effective utilization of time.

The country, which has more youngsters, is again India, so know your worth and time. If we don't, à®‡à®¨்தியா எப்படி சாà®°் வல்லரசு ஆகுà®®்?? 

Please do let others also know your time was getting lost and how you were aware of it in the comment box below!! Click here to read my new resolutions, but I guess I don't cling to those much.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's too good to know that you really liked it. Thank you so much, Harsh!!

      Delete
  2. So so happy to know that a Person like me exists in this world too.. I too don't love to watch television, movies and netflix etc.... Hi-fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really tells me that I'm not weird alone. Hi-Fi too!! I'm really happy for your comments. Thank you so much, Swathi. Keep in touch!!

      Delete

Post a Comment