When Love Came Calling by Preeti Shenoy (Book Review)

Hello Peeps..... 

It's been two months since I published any blog post. I was locked up with a tight schedule in my project, and It's been a few weeks as well since I had a good amount of sleep. Much thanks to Nivar and the power outage helped me to complete this book. 



The story began with caring instructions of Iguana named Vincent, so I was totally engrossed in the narration. The protagonists' Puja & Arush met at the community development programme and fell in love. The storms came in their life unfortunately separated them, and the story went on with little suspense towards the end of the book.


Doodles by Shirley Vicky


I hadn't learnt any new facts from the plot except about Iguanas. I felt this book is lexically average, so I learnt vocabularies enough. 




This YA book was fast-paced and gripping till the police raid at Ashwaty Bhawan. Later, I find it is boring, cinematic, and overemphasized. After flipping through 100 more pages, the plot eventually intrigued when Puja devised a trip to the UK to meet Arush. I felt the author intentionally not completed the story, so we can certainly expect a sequel. I feel the book 'Life is what you make it' was a sheer intelligence of her work which will again remain as my favourite by Preeti Shenoy. 

This might amuse foreigners to know Indian life, nature, babysitting parents, etc., but as an Indian, I know the Indianness which is deeply rooted in us. Only countable number of people realize their potential and break parent's expectation, and others are pressurised to live in their's dreams. Hence, It was an average read as I didn't find anything special, but I enjoyed reading it. Most importantly, I liked the character Arush. 

This book was my first printed author's signed copy.

From now onwards, I planned to go with Indian booker prize novels than usual Indian novels. Do you feel this is a great idea?


Comments