Which is Growing Up ? Perfection or Learning ?

I thought Perfection in Quilling gives the fulfilment.. 

When i started making quilling earrings and cards two years back, i was little interested in on line selling too. 

But those days I never realized my quilling is imperfect, since as a beginner i was happy that i made it.  It is the feeling every DIY'er will get after finishing their handmade creations. They don't stop there, they start sharing to friends. That is an awesome feeling.

Likewise, i shared with my colleagues, most of the people appreciated, since they saw it only as a Creation. Only very few gave me a proper feedback that something is missing in it "Finishing and Perfection". You can see my first Quilling stud picture. Doesn't it seem like a shool girl creation. But i was 23. This was acceptable, but not ideal.

                 

So i decided to grow as a perfect quiller and started chasing the Perfection. So, I was intensive to search what i'm missing from the internet quilling tutorials and blogs.

But i couldn't do it for 1 and 1/2 years, because i was very passionate about my career too. My thoughts for quilling faded away. Still, i used to surf internet for different ideas of crafts. But i was glad that i can make it still for my soul-mate's birthday. Birthdays - i just love it (That will be a separate post). I will post the pictures of "birthday ideas" soon. Mostly i get the ideas from the internet. Not the same, but used to blend it with my creativity.  I agree that i haven't still invented many. I invented rarely 1 or 2 creations. People used to confuse about creativity, innovation and invention. I think they have to check the definitions of these.
(I'm stopping blah blah ... )

Once i achieved the next step in my career and life, i looked back my hobbies and passion. I was worried that i moved on so many months without taking into account my passion . 

My husband is my Well-Wisher always, He knows i love designing, Painting, Art works, Paper Crafts and etc.,. He always encouraged me to do more what i love. I'm lucky always as a Wife. 

So i started again..... (2015) 

This time my thoughts, level of interest, creativity, innovation and experience was little bit high. I could feel it. So i came up with new creations. No matter what, I wanted to make it perfect this time. I started researching other Quillers in the world. Then found out my early mistakes. 

Through my fellow quillers i learnt a4 sheets will give more quilling sheets than buying a bunch of quilling ribbons. Since i don't want to make it as business at my early days, i bought colour A4 sheets and cut it myself without measurement. My paper edges resulted in a zig-zag fashion. Coils were up and down - My first mistake.  

When i made the coils, i never cared about the sizes or shapes. Each coil shapes varied -  Second Mistake

I never knew the sticking techniques in early days. I knew fevicol would stick papers well. But that didn't  suite earring posts. I never knew material comaptible adhesives were available. Now i know Adhesives are vital thing for a crafter or DIY'er - Third mistake

Lack of moulds or other tools to make the creation perfect - Fourth Mistake. 

 Even after rectifying these mistakes, perfection haven't arrived yet. Why ? Perfection comes by learning, experience and growth. So now my life is completely chasing these three unavoidable factors.

                       
Very Recent Creation

Sometimes i was stressed, sometimes tensed, sometimes i had fun in making, but once i made, its a great feeling. It is an innovation to me always.

                   

                Don't quit, keep Quilling - That's my Magic Spell. 

Happy Quilling!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you were able to identify your mistakes and learn through them ... I did the same ... and one more, you can keep learning about stuffs ... i did learn a lot by reading crafts stuffs (online) even if it was irrelevant - but believe me, it did help me a lot in various stages of my life... wish you all the best :)
    Dropping from Craft or Nothing
    Praveena
    https://craftornothing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too helped me a lot in terms of adhesives and guiding to the proper crafting materials, I must thank you with my post!! Keep Visiting...! You are the inspiration to start my blogging again too!

      Delete
    2. Hey, that's what DIY'ers are for... Sharing your learning :)
      sure i will visit often.. do drop in my blog too! I am glad that you have started blogging again...
      Praveena
      https://craftornothing.wordpress.com

      Delete
  3. Great details about Pendants Perfection.
    thanks for sharing this really the contant is
    informative,interesting which was i am looking for . please keep updating step by step
    buy 250+ silver and gold earring designs for wedding

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment