2020 New Year Resolutions

The start of 2020 was too good with the essence of Love. In 2020, I decided to declutter a few of my habits, so I jotted them down here.

2020 Goals

Get Good Night sleep

This is prioritized over everything. Shut ass off by IST 22.30

Be Healthy 

Train body and mind to crave for healthy food. It's not eating less, it is eating the RIGHT. No more dining out. Though I'm already following, I shouldn't still change myself for others. No more coffee anytime. Cutting off the junk foods completely especially during breaks.

Hit the Gym regularly and focus on the diet which is gonna define me at the end of the day.

Read More Books

I planned to complete a minimum of twenty to twenty-five books this year. No gadgets to bed but books can be. I feel that reading twenty pages a day and a hundred to two hundred pages on weekends would be a good effort. I know I'm not tied up with precocity, so I just develop by reading more. Let's see!!

Blogging

One post a week is a tremendous effort, but still, I wanted to do that in each of the sites. Remember people have trouble investing a necessary time to write, but I'm lucky enough.

I planned to write 31 technical posts and 21 personal posts.

Get rid of Social Media 

I hate living in social media, but I still live all day. I successfully not used Facebook more than a year now, and now this year I should stop being addicted to Instagram & Whatsapp. I hope I could at least get rid of Instagram. Starting the day with other's Whatsapp messages & status and feeds on Instagram should be no more rather I thought of starting the day with my priorities front and centre.

No texting

I also must not forget that Whatsapp is for only urgent messages and sharing information. I wanna stop texting anyone more than 5 minutes continuously, and if it's needed, better speak over the call. The point is not to waste time. No more unnecessary texts.

Gain persons for Lifetime

Though we don't have any secret formula for a long-lasting relationship, I still believe that trust plays an important role to maintain the relationship forever. Live in harmony with everyone and express love.

Grow beyond Mediocrity 

Pick up comedy series like Friends (Seven seasons to go), BBT, etc., or horror series such as Stranger Things, Walking Dead, or my all-time favourite romance genre's series like Grey's Anatomy (yet to be completed). But no binge-watching. Or better read books. Don't play the role of what normal people do in their life.

"Keep looking. Don't settle" - words from Jobs.

Be rational 

Don't try to believe anything that others say. Search for proofs and logic. Be broad-minded because people are good, but the situations are bad. Suck it up!!

No chasing behind people

Don't be too forward, and don't appear too needy. Stop getting hurt, and especially stop taking initiatives to get attached more than twice even if I like that person. Everyone has their own options to like or loathe a person, and I must understand it's not my fault.

Get lonely time

I always treasure lonely times, and I will stir my thought process with tea ;-) Pull it off, Girl (Giggles)


Dream & Fantasize

The ultimate motive is to get something I never had, do something I never did because I don't want to die unfulfilled potential. Though it seems as movie dialogue, I still don't want to go to grave living normally. Visualizing is good, so I'm going to activate my Reticular Activating System.

Did you press your "reset" button too this 2020?? If so, share your resolutions in the comment section below.

The pic is from our 2019 Coorg trip. Click here to tour Kodagu with me.

Comments