[Book Review] Diary of a Wimpy Kid "Rodrick Rules"

No wonder "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" cracked me up again, but these series now turned to be read just for the book count.

"Rodrick Rules" is the sequel of "Novel in Cartoons", so most of the incidents revolved around Rodrick and Greg. It explained how annoying conflicts made them seek to retaliate each other, and how Rodrick picked on Greg always. 

I found the illustrations were so funny in "Rodrick Rules" than its prequel.  




Undoubtedly, author Jeff Kinney did justice again narrating all the incidents entertaining from Greg's summer swimming class until Rodrick's Science Fair project. 

Cursed Cheese-touch, Rodrick's yearbook photo, Greg's babysitting days with gun-shy Princess, Mom Bucks program, writing letters to a pen pal, Rodrick's party and the covering up, and all other Greg's survival throughout the book were enjoyable.

It was indeed stomach aching reading how Greg was thrown out of Rowley's home when Rowley's father cracked their secret language "Your-Pa DAD-Pa smells-Pa like-Pa a Woman-Pa". 

Greg's honest mistake of being locked up in the women's bathroom but how it was twisted at the end without backfiring him was the first and the best-unattempted trick.   


Few excerpts from the book,

"Mom said those teenagers weren't doing any harm, and that they were just 'appreciating' Rodrick's music. But I don't even know how she could say that with a straight face. And if you ever heard Rodrick's band, you'd know what I mean." 

"Lately Rowley has been TOTALLY bugging me. He reads the same comic books I read, drinks the same kind of soda I drink, you name it. Mom says I should be 'flattered', but to be honest with you, It's totally creeping me out."

"All I know is, the one place I don't want to go tomorrow is school. And it looks like that's exactly where I'm headed."

"Anyway, when Rodrick gets first prize tomorrow and passes science, I just hope he realises how lucky he is to have a brother like ME ". 

Comments