The Scent of a Red Rose...!!!!

 

My puffy eyes slowly opened,   
your eyes crinkled
like I was something pretty.

I snuggled the blanket
hid my face in a shy,
you coloured it pink.

Your legs tangled mine
fingers caressed my hair,
chillness seeped in me through.

You unveiled my face without 
words, our eyes conversed
unwilling to spoil the seconds.

Glimpsed hundreds of raindrops 
dripped down on a windowpane,
waiting for a painting to be made. 

You asked 'Coffee?' I blinked 
unwrapped the blanket,
It was 8 am Sunday morning.

I clutched my hair,
on the way to brew, spotted 
a red rose on the table.


 


It was adorable, near the
post-it says 'My Beautiful',
leapt out of my skin.

Sneaked, put your arms around 
me, admired my smile 
at the corner of your eyes.

I turned and held your 
gaze buried my face in 
your naked chest. 

Lifted me on the spur of 
the moment like the length of 
me was easy to carry.

I ruffled your hair in 
the air wished the world 
would stop right away.

 

Shirley Vicky

Click here to read my first ever poem a decade ago.  Also, Click here to read the musing 'I miss you' I wrote few months before. 

Comments