We Should All Be Feminists

Feminism is a huge and boring topic to discuss. It is often misunderstood as a world with no men; rather, it's just equality of sexes. Most of the women in certain countries don't realise they live in mediaeval times. Around the world, women easily forget the unequal standard of living. Husbands' watching television while wives cleaning the kitchen is normalised as stereotyped gender roles. 


Moreover women's voices are politically suppressed in the world of men. It's also insulted economically by expecting different things from male and female staff. 

I grew up in a country where most of the women have been verbally and emotionally abusing other women who were unmarried or divorced or barren or child-free, or weren't part of the human-made social standard of having a car, house, etc. I've been directly or indirectly tackling these kinds of women between the ages of 80 and 20 on a daily basis. Shouldn't I say women are more brutal to other women than men do? 

Though I raved much about feminism and oppressiveness, this book discusses them briefly. It's a short read to get out of a reading slump. Feminism is still a known(not new) issue, so this is an average read for me. At least, this should have been a little different in narration. I guess I love listening to Chimamanda's TED Talk more than reading this book. 

 

Comments