Break out your Reading Slump

I usually get mad at myself for not reading, though I don't intend to. It's always the lack of time. I stressed myself out about not having the time to read a book. This has been weighing on me because I'm sidelined. Now I let my stress out into the world (here).

Also, I have a secret to tell. I'm more jealous of people who get to read more. This is my worst undying jealousy since childhood. I questioned myself about whether I could also finish reading two books in a week once in a lifetime, especially without forgetting the story on the last page.

In my little free time, I'll try to pick up highly rated books that won't disappoint me. These consumed a hell of a lot of time because I started pondering over them and creating my inner monologues. It sucked me in.

            

I know the best way to read is with rigid adherence to a strict schedule, so I joined a book club. Bookclubs are not obliged to pick highly rated but rather sensational books. It's a kind of failure.

I began my next strategy by picking famous short books. I'm too inconsiderate to pick up even a children's book. 'The Little Prince' is one such short story sitting on my lap in this picture. Again, there are impediments that are not allowing me to finish it quickly. Now that I'm only getting 50% less free time than earlier, authors like 'Antoine de Saint-Exupery' are challenging me even in graphic novels. I can't conclude that this is a disaster. Lately, this has been a little progressive to break out of my reading slump.

How do you escape your reading slump?

 

 

 



Comments