Daisy Jones And The Six


Lately, I wished to read a book which might have a number of vignettes grouped together and might not challenge me to understand other characters' views/ideas/mood of the setting.

For that very reason, this book got my attention right away, having the characters' personalities do the exposition in documentary-style writing. But, I didn't get the feeling of the screenplay, having read Daisy Jones. Also, my first ever TJR (Taylor Jenkins Reid) book.

Daisy's natural raspy fleece (It sounded me so) voice, her charming appearance, her parents obliviousness to her existence; her boldness & uncontrollability, indiscriminate doping habits, and 'I'm always there for you' kind of friend Simone; everything made her the best singer & songwriter. The story fascinatingly picked up after meeting Billy or 'The Six'.

I'm a sucker for all good music & lyrics, so I easily fell in love with their songs, song writing and recording. The book is not just about relationships, but a musical story(history). 

I noticed that TJR had blended the story with women empowerment. A few truths are smitten with hot rod like liberation is women's personal choice, women are always shoulders to lean on, and not to let go of the rights for the sake of male's dominance.

I hope the upcoming series' characters are evocative as much as the book. I was wondering why TJR didn't kill the indistinct character Pete but took him until the very end. Did anyone see that? 

Reading Daisy Jones And The Six(DJATS) is leaving the Music festival with satisfaction but a wee broken heart. Okay.. The end was incredulous. 

Comments