Take A Break!!

When I tried to solve any non-timed problem(programming exercise), I glued to the chair even if the problem progressed good or bad. I persuaded myself not to move an inch without solving it so that it wouldn't be procrastinated.

This was the biggest mistake I ever made.

When I started taking a short-break in-between, It paid a dividend in my programming. Though I grabbed a cuppa, my neurons will still be working on the problem I left halfway. Due to the sudden muscle movement by a walk to grab a cup of tea or a little distraction from the problem, my neurons brought me a new and better angle to solve the problem. Of course, you can have your favourite coffee and a slice of cake at StarBucks too :-)



Get a walk in the parks and refresh your mind. Aren't parks located next to residential areas one of the perks? Catch a fresh air to keep your mind stress free. Perhaps it might sound easy to tell or advice someone, but it will definitely work if you are with right person. Be that right person to yourself.  Snatch your mobile cameras out, start clicking and create the best scenic versions of your gallery. This worked for me ;-) to take my mind completely off from the problem.

Hop the gym or have a 2 km running around the park would be the best remedy for both the mind and body. I used to feel the instant 100* energy after the gym. This greatly helped me to approach the problem in a different angle as my blood flow would now be ultra fast(Giggles). Moreover, it finally took a few minutes to do the problem. Fresh mind works best on all occasions.

It is essential to take a break from staring the blue screen. Get your 'Me' time, Guys!!!

Comments