Hello February......!!!!!

 Dear Ashley,

All of a sudden in the morning, I got my treasure box tucked away and felt acute nostalgia listening to the cassette you taped for me in Secondary school. The voice encouraged me to be courageous than being wimpy and feeling about the gaffes in Summer Dodgeball game.




It's now been a decade of togetherness since school.  I don't want to go behind your back, so I would like to tell you... It occurred to me, these flirty feelings. Two years ago, when the dopamine was highly released during our drive in the Great Ocean Road, I was about to utter these words. I stumbled because It's not platonic. You never liked these shitty feelings, and I also didn't want to be added in the disapproved queue. Eventually, this rattling feeling kept creeping in, but you are not a piece of cake. It was downright agony when you left to Auckland for pursuing Bachelors.

Unexpectedly, I zoned out seeing you at my home last week.  You stared and asked me 'Why your eyes are welled up' as my prolactin level is always low. I fell in love - which you were constantly asking me for years If I had ever felt for someone. I just earned what I lost at the second, so I was speechless.

Now, I don't want this to be a mystery, so I want to be brutally honest to my close friend who would have realized this feeling of mine by this time. I want to be selfless on the surface until death.

Yes, your eyes got me right why I was welled up - 'I love you, Ash'. 

I can't stoically send you off, so I left the letter at your doorstep. Let me see the smile curves on your lips during the Christmas holidays. Happy Journey.

                                                                                                                                   Love, John...

Comments