[Book Review] Five Little Pigs

I love problems. I wish I had resolved this mystery giving great attention to the least details but my little grey cells didn't cope up like Poirot's. Yet, I'm not an expert on human psychology. 

This is my first book by Christie. She often turns the tables when you are fixed on the plausible murderer. 

In the beginning, it was slow, so am I. Sloppy. I was able to exclude one person until the half of the book but strongly left with two suspects nearly at the end of the book as I was nevertheless carried away by the salient facts of others' narratives. It was cleverly written that led to insensible predictions. 


It was ingenious of him asking a single question to each suspect and deducing the conundrum. It was also a goosebump moment how Poirot eventually sorted it out. This book spitted out the truth of facing reality is far better than hiding. 

 ''It's the things that are left out that are the things that matter. The emotions, the feelings, the characters of the actors in the drama, the extenuating circumstances." 

Getting a little knowledge about home-brewed drugs/tisanes (in french) and beverages Gin & Vermouth was fun. The scattered philosophies throughout the book are out of the common. This book dumped me with a lot of adjectives, describing an element of a specific kind in people's character. Now that Poirot's smart question urged me to read 'The Moon & Sixpence'.

"Life can't be really solved by admirable maxims out of modern literature. Nature's red in tooth and claw, remember."  

The picture was sort of planned when the story unfolded. My husband became edgy at one point during the photoshoot, but Isn't it every husband has to suck up the commands of a wife. Have you read the review of my previous read 'The Last Straw'??? Click here to read. Currently, I buried my nose in 'Love came calling' which is too fast and gripping. 

Comments