Am I an Introvert ???

I strongly believed my temperament was Introvert on the grounds that calm people are not extroverts until I did some Research & Development on this topic.



Introverts are generally stated as, 

Introverts are reticent

I'm not comfortable with fast associations because I seek trust-worthy people to talk about anything or everything about me or my thoughts. It unluckily takes years to attain this bond. 

Let's clarify this clearly from my perspective. If a group of people glued for years before my acquaintance, I can't discuss my thought to this bunch of people as my suggestions or opinions might be dumb or unrequested to them. So, in these situations, if someone thought I'm reticent, he/she is making a bad mistake.  

Introverts don't like to participate in gatherings 

Sometimes I do feel big gatherings are draining because some big shot speaks flotsam and jetsam and a team outing will be boring if my acquaintances (especially friends) are not part of the gathering too. It doesn't mean that I'm not comfortable with people gathering. I always prefer to have a one-on-one conversation than spending time in a big crowd. 

I will also be tickled pink being locked up in my room and reading a book rather than participating in gatherings and enjoying outings

Introverts are shy

Sometimes, It takes time to talk as I will be manipulating complex solutions in my mind. I avoid a few talks when I feel It is nothing to me and also if I feel another person is not mentally prepared to perceive my opinions. At the same time, I do talk with the unknowns like a millionth meet if they are only pragmatic. Hence, introverts are not shy. 


Antisocial: I refuse to socialize.
Lack of social skills: I can't socialize. Shy: I'm afraid of trying to socialize. Introvert: I don't feel the need to socialize. (Thug Life)

Thank Heavens, shy and introvert meant different.

Introverts love to read books

Though books are not passivity, it is still considered as an indoor activity as it has no communication with anyone except book. Though I shield external stimuli, I'm still happy with reading books to charge my mental strength. It is my kind of social activity. 

Around the world, Introverts are considered as low compared to extroverts. Read below to know what is true. 

I admit I sometimes wanted to be the centre of attention. So am I extrovert?

Extroverts are stated as,

Extroverts are outgoing

I'm not reclusive and definitely don't want my Oxytocin levels at stake. I move easily along with everyone asking random questions to know their likes and dislikes even at first meet only if the frequency matches.

                         

On the other hand, If I had confronted a group of people who are friends for years, I'd not be affable. Does it mean I'm not an extrovert? Nay, because I believe everyone does that. Although I'm good at striking up a conversation with a total stranger, making friends doesn't come easily to me. 

Extroverts enjoy being centre of the attention 

Extroverts seek attention, engaging in, and enjoying social interaction and outside contact. Their outgoing nature draws people into attention in which I'm really bad, so my internal batteries are recharged by myself but not by being around other people. 

Besides, people can't claim themselves as extroverts since they crave social time but lack the skills to socialize effectively.  I have seen a lot of people fall into this category without being a real extroverted. 

Extroverts are bold

Extroverts work with short-term memory and would respond immediately with multiple options. When the answer is in a fraction of seconds, extroverts are considered bold. What if the answer is accurate after a few minutes by introverts, aren't they bold telling the answer? Introverts are reflective to come up with the best solutions.

Though I was certified as introverts by social norms, I'm not afraid of risks like extroverts. It baffles me, again. 

Extroverts seek an interactive activity

Though partying hard would exhaust me as an introvert, who doesn't like enjoying and partying if we are with the right people? 

                                   

In short, with my close acquaintance, I'm an extrovert, I can still take a lead. Generally, I'm an introvert, not socializing voluntarily unless required. Click here to know how I cuddled self-love and what it repaid. 

Extroverts are speakers

Indeed, they can sound intelligent or dumb, but they are talkers. But, I'm a good listener mostly and observe more.  


It is unacceptable that those certain traits tag people into one basket when they can also be opposite in various circumstances. 

Who is the best?

None of them is defined as the best since Introverts and Extroverts are categorized based on the way they gain and recharge their mental energy. For introverts, brain activity is higher, so they don't seek the help of others to boost their mental energy but receive the energy from within. For extroverts, neuronal activity is lower, so they acquire this lack of mental energy by exposing themselves to the outer world so that they could concentrate on their cognitive ability. 


I'm actually an ambivert because I carry both traits, and also you & everyone!! The above flaunting narration doesn't define me as I can also be the version that wasn't talked about, here.

Even CG Jung believed no one is 100% introverted and 100% extroverted. In my opinion, no one can be aggregated with one group as everyone changes based on the situation and the people around them. Anyway, do your own research before concluding your traits because the above conclusion is drawn from my perspective also. I hope I'm not bursting your bubble.

If someone says that I'm an introvert or shy extrovert, I just pat my shoulders that Life doesn't end because of this conclusive statement someone made on me, today.

Anyways Happy Day!!

If you like my post, react to my post or drop some love in the comment section or share your comment anonymously.

References:

healthline.com
psychologistworld.com
fastcompany.com
positivepsychology.com

Comments

Post a Comment