Quilled Jhumka - South Indian Style


Jhumka's are all time favourite for every girl in India, it always retains an ageless charm. As i'm not much familiar with jhumka style, i love to design one.


Red Antique Quilled Jhumka


Jhumka is an earring style in India and Nepal. There are so many styles in Jhumka's - Gujarathi, Meenakari, Hyderabadi, South Indian, Hoop, Multi layered and Kashmiri. It can be made from various materials like Gold, Silver, Pearl, Oxidized, Paper and Teracotta. It comes in classic to vogue designs.


Blue Antique Quilled Jhumka


I wanted to make  our special South Indian Jhumka. I decided to make outer copula in paper and combine it with ready made oxidized studs. (Where to get the readymade oxidized studs ? click here)


Maroon Antique Quilled Jhumka


I made the disc first using quilling and turned to a semicircular shape using mini mold. I recently bought my favorite sealant/topcoat Modpodge (MP from ItsyBitsy). So it resists the penetration of water. But I assure it is not a waterproof. If you want your quilling to be waterproof, you must apply resin coating. Mod podge is just water-resistant.



Before Modpodge 

After applying modpodge


You have to apply two very thin layer of Modpodge on the semi-circular dome both inside and outside. Once you applied the first layer of MP, let it dry for around 12 - 18 hours. Modpodge really takes hours to dry. But believe me the effect it made on my quilled jewellery was awesome.


After it completely dries out, pierce the eye/head pin through the hole. Place your beads or bead spacer to fill the gap. Then hang it on the stud. Now my real work is getting started !!


Black Antique Quilled Jhumka


I was asked to make magnificent jhumka, so i started with my style of keeping stones on dome. it turned out very impressive. Customer was really happy about it too.


Rose Antique Quilled Jhumka

Before years, i could make only inexperienced quilling. After rectifying my old mistakes, i can feel my improvisation.

Jhumka Order


Are you looking for other quilled earring designs ?  Click here.

I had bought supplies from these two FB stores :

AJ beads and Findingss  - Ancy 
Craft Tray   - Siva Sakthi 

Comments

  1. Beautiful Bangles!
    Have a look at some of my designs too!
    Antique Oxidized Bangles
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the most adorable Fashion Jewellery Designs that would definitely awed your faculties with their interesting and startling designs.
    Checkout the most recent and Seasonal Jewellery Designs Online.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Explore your Fashion Jewellery Collection with Trendy Jewellery Designs. See the Amazing Jewellery Designs at Fabfashion and get a big amount of Discount.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment