Painted Quilling


Gifts are always special. Especially handmade creations touch the soul. 

I started this to gift a newly-wed. People give customarily cookwares, tableware, cutlery and show pieces as gifts in marriage, very less people give paintings. What about Giving romantic art ? It would be awesome wall decor. 

Whenever I plan something creative, I end up doing nothing or overwhelmed with innovative ideas. 

This time i finally made my mind to create a combo art. As i know quilling and painting, i decided to do both in this art. I haven't got a unique idea though.  But i started with easily available supplies. 

                                             

1. Canvas board 
2. Quilling Ribbons (Vivid colours)
3. Acrylic colours (Vivid colours)
4. Pencil
5. Fevicol white glue/Mod Podge (I haven't still used Mod podge)


1.   Do a pencil sketch of any couple on Canvas

I had drawn the couple firstly on the Canvas using pencil. I always go with free-hand drawing. If not, trace the drawing.  

2. Paint here and there

I wanted to make it as a modern art and as clumsy as possible. So painted in vivid colors here and there surrounded the couple, on the eyes and head of the couple. 

3.  Ribbon Decoration

Then I decided to go with vivid color ribbons to decorate the art. If you have painted with vivid green, then use vivid or other shades of green ribbon. Apply Glue/Modpodge on the lines of the pencil sketch where you want to stick the ribbons.

4.  Prioritize the areas of the art 

Always face and hair should look amazing in any art. So give more care on those areas. So i just decorated with flowers on the head. It turned out well.

5. Use left over quilled coils

I used all my leftover coils to ornament the head and few other areas. I found it difficult to stick the nose and chin.

Painted Quilling


To my surprise, it turned out really great at the end. Now i don't want to give this to anyone. Haha..
Nope this has to reach the respective person.


Finally, it is well framed in nearby shop.  I realized one thing at the end, this can be "my style of art" always.

This Quilled Romantic Art was specially mentioned in Hobby Mela Holi Contest

Thanks for stopping by!


Linking to :

Comments

  1. Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at Dreamtime Craft Supplies! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit Jeanie!
      Thank yo for the acceptance at Dreamtime Craft too.

      Delete

Post a Comment